BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 9, 2009

On Sabbatical

Woah. It's been a really long time since I have updated this! You may be surprised to find that a few things have changed since the last time I posted.

About two weeks ago I decided to not swim year-round anymore. It was a really tough decision for me...I've been swimming since age8! Nonetheless, I found that I wanted to use my talents elsewhere. I have no doubt that swimming with this new team would have set me on the right path to being really fast, but the fact of the matter is I just didn't like it anymore. I didn't think I should be putting in so many hours a week, wake up at 3 in the morning, etc. for something I didn't love. I don't really like the word "quit" even though technically I did. Around my family and friends I prefer to say "I'm on sabbatical" or "I have reevaluted."

You are probably wondering what I'm doing now as I'm not just one to sit around and be a bum. Well, after having done two small sprint triathlons in previous summers, I have decided to pursue triathlons more frequently. Currently, I am training for an olympic distance race.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get a bike soon (can't train that well when my bike happens to be a mountian bike and only has half a pedal on one side.

Wish me luck =)

0 comments: